One of my goals is to share the information that I am learning with parents, organizations, children and educators. That’s why I started this blog, to reach the virtual audience, but I also speak to face-to-face (and screen to screen over Skype!) audiences about the research, advice and guidelines, and what I have learned. If you are interested in having me come and speak at your school or another venue, please feel free to contact me. I have a power point presentation and can customize to some degree for your audience.
- We are currently setting our Fall and Spring speaking schedules and will post as they are scheduled. I will be setting talks for Campbell Hall, Parents Education League, Team Tutors, and several other schools. If you are interested in having me come speak, email me.
Partial List of Past Talks:
In Association with Children’s Digital Media Center@LA:
- South Pasadena High School – In the Digital Age, 2/24/2012
- Marquez Elementary School – Parenting in the Digital Age, 3/28/2012
- Krieger pre school – UCLA
- Association of Child Development Specialists, 3/11/2012, Young children’s use of media
- To Parents and Educators at Star Resources Center in Los Angeles, 5/14/2011.
- Society for Research in Child Development, Montreal, Canada, From Texting to Virtual Worlds to Social Networking - Development, Media and the Preadolescent, 4/1/11.
- American Association of University Women, Palm Desert, Parenting in the Digital Age, 3/12/11, AAUW, Long Beach 10/1/2011
- 1/24/11, 1/19/2012 Pacific Palisades Charter Elementary School, 8:30am, topic “Parenting in the Digital Age”
- Pacific Palisades Charter Elementary School, to parents, 1/14/2010 and separately to teachers 2/9/2010 Presentation based on Common Sense Media - Today’s Digital Media – What Children Need to Know and How Parents and Educators can Teach them how to Drive the Internet Safely
- Daniel Freeman Elementary School, to parents with children enrolled in the I Have a Dream Foundation’s program, 5/5/2010
- Burrough Middle School, to parents with their children, 1/28/2010
- American Museum Association, to museum curators and others associated with museums, 5/26/2010 - Lessons from the World of Media, Encouraging Wonder and Creativity
- Disney, to community support department, 10/7/2010, Panel Discussion on Socialnomics
- In association with Common Sense Media:
- California Association of Independent Schools, 3/5/2012, Cyberbullying Tool Kit
- Freedom Institute, NY, 3/7/2012
- Wildwood, 4/30/2012
- Westside Neighborhood School, 4/18/2012
- CASCW, 4/20, Cyberbullying Tool Kit
- Skype Lectures – given over Skype:
- Los Hermanos mother/ son group – 11/6/2011
- Manhattan Beach mother/ son group – 9/25/2011
Feedback from Joan Ingle, Principal of Palisades Elementary School:
“You were fantastic! I wanted to tell you what a wonderful presentation and conversation that was. You are a gem of a resource.”
To read other comments from people who have seen me speak, click here:
If you would like more information, please email email@example.com.